As you know, Tomète has set up his wardrobe at 99 of the famous rue du Bac in the 7th arrondissement of Paris for the whole month of June 2023.
Rue du Bac (which takes its name from the ferry installed in 1550 on the Quai Voltaire to transport the stones to build the Tuileries Palace) has become one of the most famous streets in the capital. The two specialties of the street: decoration and… gluttony!
The opportunity for us to mention some of the (many) gourmet addresses on the street. Here is our selection:
- Cakes and bread (89 rue du Bac): haute couture pastries featuring fruit (seasonal, field grown and grown biodynamically or organically), natural sourdough bread, rye bread, and superb pastries (brioches, kouglofs, croissants, XXL chocolate breads). Beautiful !
- Jacques Genin : one of the addresses of the famous chocolatier is in the heart of rue du Bac (although the entrance is at 27 rue de Varenne). If you're lucky, you can even try one of its pastries, including a flank to die for.
- Oh yes ! (95 rue du Bac): here is the ideal address to combine pleasure and limited glycemic impact. Here, we work to combine gluttony by limiting sugar as much as possible. Successful challenge!
- Mam (93 rue du Bac): Stéphanie Le Quellec's grocery store is a very practical address: you will find pastries, small dishes, hot and cold, prepared with love and raw materials rigorously sourced from the best producers. A must for a last-minute, quality lunch or dinner.
- Beaupassage : one of the entrances to the famous Beaupassage is at 83 rue du Bac. A quiet place where you will find many good places to treat yourself. Our favourites: Coya Latin Asian cuisine and Certified café lattes.
- The Ice Cream Tray (109 rue du Bac): the expert in old-fashioned ice cream and sorbets since 1982. Many flavors, each more delicious than the next. Our favourites: vanilla, salted butter caramel and coconut. A reference in the 7th arrondissement.
- Grace café (8 rue de Commaille, Paris 7th arrondissement ): and finally, a very short side step from rue du Bac to enjoy the sublime terrace of the Grace café. Facing the adorable Square des Missions-Etrangères and facing south, ideal for a quick lunch or for a coffee in the sun.
Many (gourmet) reasons to come and stroll after visiting us at 99 rue du Bac!